Using an office elevator is second nature to anyone who’s ever worked in a modern workplace. The mechanism is as simple as they come: you press a physical button to call the elevator to your floor, enter the elevator cabin, press another physical button to get to your floor, and walk out. It gets the job done, anyone can do it, so elevator companies the world over never felt the need to reinvent the wheel in any way. The world is significantly different now, as we adapt to a new normal in different ways every other day. Not just security, but safety and hygiene protocols have become the elephant in the room for office spaces worldwide.
Of course, professional elevators manufacturers haven’t been exempted from this contemporary discussion. How can we make office elevators safe to use in a world that’s safe distancing? That’s where touchless elevators come in, as a consolidated answer to this quandary.
Better safety and hygiene protocols sound solid, but are they really worth making the jump to touchless elevators? If anything, office elevators across the board are in dire need of an upgrade from the ground up.
- Offices are rethinking their staffing and on-site work policies in this pandemic. With that in mind, it’s not safe to have anyone and everyone able to access the office elevator without any form of failsafe against unauthorized entry.
- Contact tracing & reduction of exposure to potential infection is another talking point. Offices want to step up their safety game from a health perspective, ensuring that their spaces are as insulated as possible regarding infections.
These two talking points are fueling the drive to make touchless elevators a mainstream feature in the office elevator market. Professional Elevators understands this necessity, as not requiring any form of physical contact for smooth operation opens the door to a world of innovation in office elevators. Curious to know how?
In most busy flat and office elevators, the physical buttons on the interface often have more bacteria on it than a toilet seat during peak hours. To address this concern during these times, professional elevator manufacturers have introduced entry-level measures, like proximity triggers, based on sensors that detect nearby objects called as Professional Instinct that can turn your elevator into contactless elevator at your home or office.
These ideas work in theory but cannot substitute for a long-term solution in office elevators. We at Professional Elevators say, why stop there? Since the opportunity to introduce innovative features is now in front of us, we say, let’s think smart. Let’s make touchless elevators the new normal with our Professional Instinct.
Touchless Elevators: Smart & Streamlined
The central idea behind a touchless elevator is to make the entire experience as seamless as possible. During your busy day, the last thing you would want to hold you up is an elevator hassle, right? Professional Instinct can give you the power to control and summon elevators without diverting from your work-flow. Convenience is the name of the game here. Let’s take a look at the current trends circulating around in office elevator prototypes nowadays which is touchless elevator buttons.
- Software-based: Aside from being mundane machines, touchless elevators can benefit greatly from having a dedicated software system in place. There’s the obvious benefit of having a means of control aside from button pressing, but a software lays the foundation for a whole suite of features.
- Smart Sensors: Modern elevators are capable of being fitted with systems that are active round the clock. When installed in office elevators, these sensors can sync based on unique virtual keys. These keys can eliminate the need for interface interaction at all, as it can detect the floor selection based on factors like time of day and employee clearance level.
For instance, if linked to the building, the security can be doubled, one layer for the elevator doors, and the other for clearance to the area itself.
The Professional Solution
With these many options available, what do we as a company bring to the table? You’d be pleased to know that we’ve crafted an ideal solution to guarantee perfect safety and hygiene in elevator usage. We provide a simple yet unique interface that can be installed and run on most elevators we see today.
Our system Professional Instinct involves a simple, yet effective mechanic. Simply place your finger within a 3-centimetre proximity to the control panel element on the display to activate the elevator and get to where you need to go! No physical contact or third-party device required, you point and go, it’s that simple. Our system is equipped with the ability to distinguish incorrect/multiple inputs, filtering only concise commands. Get in touch with us today to upgrade your elevators with the contactless edge!
Why do you need a touchless system?
The reasons are manifold and here are some of them.
- They are extremely safe. Professional Elevators has installed scores of touchless elevators known as Professional Instinct and our customer testimonials speak for themselves.
- The cost of deploying the system vs. the value of safety it brings is undoubted.
- You can retrofit the system on existing elevators and needn’t change the entire elevator.
- They are the fastest and the mechanism is simple and intuitive, making them easy to use by anyone without third party apps or additional interfaces.
A Different Touch to Elevators
Professional Instinct also known touchless elevators are fast becoming the next big thing in the field of industry-grade elevators. While the safety and hygiene concerns may have catalysed their move to the forefront, all industry trends seem to point that they are here to stay. Many metro cities across the world have already started implementing these touchless elevators in their skyscrapers. Professional Elevators is all for this new industry trend. What are your thoughts about this innovation in office elevators? Tell us in the comments!